This course is very safe, and is a pleasure to be completely removed from vehicular traffic.
Runners MUST abide by the following safety measures as they pertain to the "SWITCHBACKS"
- There are 6 switchbacks along the course on both your out and back just before and after the Dam. These switchbacks are ADA compliant as a wheelchair ramp to access the top level of the parking garage from the trail. The switchbacks have a guardrail and measure roughly 4 feet wide.
- This section is only 0.095 of a mile in length each way.
- This area is a STRICT SINGLE FILE, NO PASSING ZONE. ONE PERSON DOWN; ONE PERSON UP.
- NO HEADPHONES on this section of the course. If you are wearing headphones during the race you MUST remove them out of your ears/ off your head for this section!
- Spotters will be on course on this section to enforce these rules and have Disqualification Authority.
- There will be sufficient signs leading up to this area telling you "No passing zone ahead 1/10th mile- Get in Position"; "No Passing Zone NOW"; "No headphones" etc. Therefore you will have sufficient warning that if you want to pass, do so now.
- Please be courteous of your fellow runners and do not block a faster person to pass before this section. If you know you'll be slow on the switchbacks either up or down, please look behind you and see if anyone may want to pass.
- The entire section accounts for 0.190 of a mile, so you will not lose much time here at all.
- As it pertains to the edge of the parking garage that overlooks Hoover Dam- it goes without saying (but I will anyway) that there is NO sitting or standing on the concrete railing.
YOUR COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED AND EXPECTED!