100 MILER PACER/ CREW RULES
Runners in the 100 Miler only may have a pacer and/or crew abiding by the following rules only:
- Pacers may join the runner only after mile 44 (2 loops).
- There is NO crew vehicle movement on course Saturday from 7am- 1pm, as there are other events going on during this time and too many runners. Please respect their race too! You may consider driving the crew vehicle to the midpoint aid station access, departing the start line by 6:45am. This will allow your crew vehicle to see you every 11 miles vs. every 22 miles- but they may NOT move their vehicle between the posted hours.
- There is also NO crew vehicle movement on course Sunday from 7:30am- 10am, as there are other events going on during this time and too many runners.
- Parking at the start/ finish line is VERY limited. ALL runners and crews must use the off site parking area and use the shuttle service Saturday 7am- 1pm; and Sunday 7:30am- 10am.
- Crew access parking, abiding by the above, is via 3 spots only: Race Headquarters (Start/ Finish); Midpoint, and Sky Ranch (the furtherest point). There will be parking signs there directing crews where to park.
- You MAY NOT park just anywhere on the course! The stations have been pre-approved by the US Forest Service as being previously disturbed areas. You may NOT destroy ANY vegetation.
- Crews may NOT drive slowly alongside the runners. Pass up to speed and do not delay the normal flow of traffic/ runners.
- Only one crew vehicle per runner at any given one time.
- Crew vehicles are asked to PLEASE be courteous thru the night with their cars' headlights!!
- At this time there is no limit to the number of pacers with a runner at any given time. That said, anything considered excessive will be asked to reduce the number. The determining factor will be the impact on other runners, and will be determined by the Race Director.
- Pacers must be self sufficient with their own food & supplies- taking no aid station provisions except for water.
- Yes, the pacer may mule (carry) their runner's supplies, including water.
- Pacers may NOT run ahead to the aid station to speed the process for the runner. Medical emergency is the only exception.
- Pacers and Crew must keep a watchful eye over ALL runners, lending a hand to any runner in medical need.
- At this time yes, bicycles may be used as support crew. However, if it is determined by the Race Director to be impeeding other runners, you'll be asked to stop use of the support cycle.
- No dogs are to be used as pacers.
- Crews must abide by all posted traffic laws, ranger and course marshall instructions. Parking in designated areas only.
- An ambulance will be staged out of the Start/ Finish area the duration of the event. First aid available at all ultra aid stations.
- Crews should absolutely consider volunteering for a committed volunteer assignment during the race. This could be at an aid station, at the start/ finish line, etc. Email me for info: email@example.com
** Any questions left unaddressed, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org